St. Albans Painting Services
Many homeowners seeking St. Albans painting services have their painting done by quality contractors.
Leveraging a professional contractors skill, knowledge and the way they start with surface preparation all the way to clean-up has advantages. Compared to doing it yourself, bringing on a great painting contractor allows you time to tackle other objectives.
Here is a check list from The Paint Quality Institute to help in choosing a painting contractor that will provide a quality job.
1. Specify the Work: To accurately compare quotes, each contractor must be quoting for the same work. Prepare a simple list of the work required, specifying exactly which areas need painting, what gloss level and color you want, and when you would like it to be completed.
2. Get Quotes: Talk with several contractors, and ask for written quotes.
3. What is the Proposed Painting Process? Check the details of what the contractor will do for each surface to be painted, including:
– surface preparation - priming (including type and brand of primer) - finish coats (type of paint, gloss level, brand, colors, and number of coats).
4. How Will Your Assets Be Protected? How will the contractor protect the areas around the painting project? For example, will nearby plantings be protected when the exterior is being painted? How will furniture, fixtures and floors be protected during interior painting?
5. Timing: When will the work be started? And finished? How many painters will be working on the job? What will the remedy be if the job is not completed on time?
6. Warranty Protection: Is there a warranty on the work? Does it cover labor and materials or just labor? How long is the warranty, and what is the remedy if there is a paint failure?
7. Recommendations: Ask for the names of previous customers from each contractor as references, and contact them to get their recommendation.
8. Presentation: Is the contractor courteous, businesslike and appropriately dressed? A dirty, unkempt appearance may indicate a lack of care on the job.
9. Response: Is the contractor punctual with appointments and in returning phone calls, and generally interested in doing business with you? If the responses are slow before the job is awarded, improvement is unlikely when these things are important during the project.
10. Paint Quality: A painter has access to a number of products which are manufactured to different quality levels. Insist on a top quality product. The little extra it costs initially will pay handsomely because top quality 100% percent acrylic paints last much longer than ordinary paint and cost less over the lifetime of the paint job.
Once you assess the quotations from each contractor and the asking price, you can make an informed decision on which one to choose for your job.
Finding a source for St. Albans painting services is that easy.