While winter’s not over just yet, many homeowners hearts are turning towards important house projects. Power washing is high on the list of many homeowners right now. As a result of the up-and-down temperatures we are experiencing many people are getting the “itch” to improve the appearance of their home.
A question many homeowners ask themselves, “Should I go ahead and fork out $150-to-$500 for an electric or gas powered power washer at Home Depot and do my own power washing?
On the surface, the question seems simple. As homeowners we take great pride in doing many odd-jobs around our home. Power washing, it seems, is just one of those tasks we as “can-do” people are willing to tackle. A little cleanser, ample water, power, a nice Saturday to get er’ done, and we’re good to go. Right?
Before we suggest you do it yourself or hire a professional, let’s examine Five Timely Benefits of Power Washing:
- POWER WASHING IMPROVES CURB APPEAL: A home’s curb appeal is essential. Should you want to sell your home, power washing should come into mind. Power washing your home eliminates stains, mildew and algae that without it makes your home look unappealing.
- POWER WASHING INCREASES HOME VALUE: Power washing is proven to be one of the most affordable ways to increase a home’s value. The National Association of Realtors indicates a power washed home increases the sale price by as much as $10,000-$15,000.
- POWER WASHING SAVES TIME: By power washing the necessary surfaces of your home, there’s a compelling savings of time as compared to multiple DIY home cleaning methods. As a homeowner, you can spend considerable time with preparation, application of cleaning solutions, and meticulous scrubbing as compared to power washing.
POWER WASHING IS PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE: As a homeowner you know the value of regular maintenance of your home. Scheduled power washing of your home is a great way to save money and helps to prevent costly home repairs due to negligence. By way of keeping your home clean it prevents rot, decay and premature aging of your property. Power washing extends the life of siding, driveways, porches and decks.
- POWER WASHING SAFEGUARDS YOUR FAMILY: All homes have varying degrees of toxins, contaminations and pollutants. From simple dirt, mold, mildew and algae, many can be can impact your spouse and children’s health. Power washing can assist in the prevention of growth to significant bacterias. Power washing key surfaces can also assist a family in the prevention of injuries caused by slipping or falling.
Power washing’s face value alone is incredible. No matter what angle you approach power washing as a home owner, the pros outweigh the cons.
However, there’s still the question of doing it yourself or hiring a professional. Ask yourself these questions as you determine your next move with power washing:
- Do I have the time?
- Do I have the expertise?
- What pressure should I use for each different surface?
- Hot or cold water?
- How environmentally friendly can I be with all these solutions and cleaners?
- Do I really want to get on a ladder two stories up with old wet squeaky sneakers?
At Pro Precision Painting we’d enjoy being the professionals you choose for power washing today.
If you’re interested in receiving a 25% discount for power washing services booked by February 27th, 2015 to be redeemed by August 30th, 2015 fill out the form on this page. We will promptly provide you a bid for your services.
Areas we power wash: Home Siding (wood or vinyl), Doors, Entry Ways & Windows, Garage Floors, Gutters & Awnings, Decks, Patios & Fences, Parking Areas, Driveways & Sidewalks, Swimming Pools, Signs, Statues & More